Daikon radish with marinated chicken
- 6 oz shredded green papaya
- 12 oz or 1 chicken thigh, cut into bite sizes
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons mirin (sweet sake)
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon grated garlic
- 6 tablespoons potato starch
- 3 tablespoons grated daikon radish
- Scallion for garnish
- 3 tablespoons ponzu (soy sauce with citrus)
- Vegetable oil to deep fry the chicken
- Put all the chicken into a plastic bag with the soy sauce, mirin, ginger and garlic and marinate for 20 minutes.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a saucepan and bring the temperature to around 340 degrees F to deep fry.
- Put the potato starch in a bowl. Place the marinated chicken in the bowl of potato starch and coat the chicken with the starch.
- Deep fry until the chicken becomes a golden color.
- Place the deep fried chicken on a plate and place the grated daikon radish on the top and the scallion for garnish.
- Pour the ponzu sauce over the top of dish.
Facebook: facebook.com/cooking.school.with.nao Tel: 098-955-5311 Address: 862-1 Namihira, Yomitan Village, Okinawa 904-0322 Closed on Sunday.