Jiimamii Dofu (Okinawan Tofu) Serves 4
To Make the Tofu
- 1 cup of peeled peanuts
- 1 cup of tapioca flour
- 4 cups of water
To Make the Sauce
- 3 tbs of soy sauce
- 3 tbs of Mirin (sweet cooking rice wine)
- 3 tbs of sugar
How to cook
1. Place the peeled peanuts into a bowl of water the night before to make tender.
2. Drain the water from the peanuts and toss it in blender with 4 cup of water.
3. Blend the peanuts and water until it becomes a liquid white.
4. Next, using a cooking gauze over a bowl, place the peanut liquid in the gauze.
5. Next, take the cooking gauze and squeeze the soup into a pan.
6. Add tapioca flour to the pan and cook with low heat for about 30 minutes until it becomes a gruel.
7. Once it’s cooked, take it out and put it to another container to cool down. Place in the refrigerator and your done.
To make the sauce, just place all the ingredients into a bowl and stir until thickened.
Eating your Okinawan Tofu. Place your newly made sauce over the tofu and you are ready to eat!