Salmonella food poisoning affects five in Haebaru

The Okinawa Prefectural Community Health Division on announced Nov. 2nd that a food poisoning case had occurred at a food stall in Miyagi, Haebaru Town.

According to the Health Division officials,, five men and women aged from 6 to 50 suffered a food poisoning after eating yakitori at a food stall named Toritaro in Miyagi, Hebaru Town, on Oct. 23rd. The victims complained of diarrhea and fever. Salmonella bacteria were detected in two of them. One of the victims is still in a hospital, but the rest are recovering home.

The Nanbu Regional Public Health Center ordered the food stall suspend business for four days from Nov. 2nd to 5th.

08:20 18 Jun , 2024