Nikujaga (Simmered Meat and Potatoes) Serving size 2
- 150g beef hash
- 2 potatoes
- ½ carrot
- ½ onion
- 4 strips of fresh green beans
- 100g konnyaku noodles
- 2 cup of water
- ½ tbs soup stock
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tbs sweet cooking rice wine
- 2 tbs sugar
How to cook
1. Chop potatoes and carrot separately into chunks, then soak the potatoes in water for about 5 minutes, then drain. Cut the onions into wedges.
2. Cut konnyaku noodle into bite size bits. Then wash with water. Boil the fresh green beans and then cut them into smaller bite size bits.
3. Cook the onions, carrots and potatoes in a sauce pan.
4. Once the potatoes look cooked, add the beef hash into the pan. Once the beef hash is cooked, then add the 2 cups of water.
5. When the water comes to a boil remove the top foam. Add konnyku, soy sauce, sweet cooking rice wine, and sugar. Close the lid and let cook with raw heat.
6. Add the green beans to the sauce pan when the pan ingredients have soften. Cook until there is just a bit of soup left in the pan, and you are done.